Search Blog

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Weekly Report Card

Students love self-evaluating and giving themselves grades. Here is a WEEKLY REPORT CARD (editable) that I've used in the past.  I've tried it a couple of different ways:


  • Mandatory for all students. Those who do not return it with Parent Signatures will be called at home.
  • Started as mandatory. Students who receive three weeks in a row with all "E"s don't have to do it anymore. 
  • As a behavior/work habits contract for my more difficult kids.
It's a lot of extra time and work if you do it for all kids, but it does produce some good results. I've found that I like using it as a Contract for those falling behind in work or those who struggle with classroom behavior.  As always, contracts work best when the parents are involved at home.  I usually introduce the Weekly Report Card at Back-to-School Night or in a Parent-Teacher Conference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment